Friday, August 15, 2008

Separated At Birth: Paul Byrd and Kelsey Grammer

This is kind of offbeat, but it's something I've noticed for quite some time, yet no one else has seemed to -- or at least, not that I'm aware of. I'm finally going to get it off my chest now, with the person in question making his first start for his new team today.

Has anyone noticed how much new Red Sox pitcher Paul Byrd looks like actor Kelsey Grammer?

To wit:



Maybe these aren't the two best photos to use as a means of comparison, but I wanted to show both of them wearing baseball caps. I don't know about you, but for me the resemblance was striking almost the first time I saw Byrd pitching for the Indians. I didn't really know much about him when he was with the Braves. To me, it was uncanny.

"My goodness, he looks just like Kelsey Grammer!," I remember thinking the moment I saw Byrd's face for the first time.

Speaking of Byrd, his face sure has grizzled since this rookie card:


Hard to believe that's the same guy, huh?

That's it for today's post. Just wanted to bring this to someone's attention, since it seems to be flying under the radar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home